1. CHANGE- It can seem scary sometimes, especially when it is thrust upon you, but it is what makes life interesting and keeps us growing as people.
2. FAMILY- The never faltering support my family gives me is truly priceless and makes a world of difference.
3. FRIENDS- They are my sounding boards, my business partners, my cheerleaders, and my therapists.
4. MY HOME- It is nothing extraordinary. Small and modest, but cute. It is a place I can make all my own. A yard I can plant in and complain about maintaining.
5. PAINTING- There is nothing like standing in front of a canvas, painting away, so focused in the moment, that everything, all thoughts just fall quietly away.
6. BALTIMORE- It feels more than just my hometown, it has become a limb, or an organ. I love it faults and all.
7. MY CAT- At the risk of sounding like a cat lady, my cat is one of the most loveably balls of fur I have ever met.
8. PAST EXPERIENCE- While we shouldn’t live in our past or even dwell on it, it is always good to acknowledge, without judgement, the experiences that made us what we are today. Painful or joyful we build on those moments.
9. FOOD- Sounds a little silly to say that, since we need it to survive, but in the right hands it becomes an expression of art and emotion. I like cooking it, hearing about it, and especially eating it.
10. TRAVEL- When my battery feels low, travel is the cure. I may love my home, and my home town, but seeing and experiencing new places changes your perspective…sometimes in a life changing way.
Wishing all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving! What are you most thankful for today?