Interior Designer Alphabet: E and F


E is for Escutcheon.  In furniture terms it is the metal plate over a key hole or the backplate of a door knob.  It is one of those details that adds another level of interest to a piece of furniture.


F is for Finial.  A finial can be any ornament that caps the ending of a structural element.  Our favorite finials are those used at the end of a drapery rod.  Draperies are such an important part of your interior and the finial is just one of those details can further carry your design statement, even if that means it is a simple end cap.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s